Remote Starter – Champlin, MN
Remote Start Pros installs and services remote starters at our Hopkins, MN facility for our neighbors in Champlin, MN. We service the entire Twin Cities and surrounding areas.
The Champlin area was first settled when Father Louis Hennepin, a Franciscan priest from whom Hennepin County gets its name, Michael Accult, and Peter Dulay were captured by Lakota Indians. An Indian trading post was later established in the area. Charles Miles created the first permanent settlement in what came to be named Marshall Township. In 1859, it was split into two towns, Champlin and Dayton.
Champlin’s name came from U.S. Navy Commodore Stephen Champlin. He was active in the war against England and Canada in 1812, and in the establishment of the Canadian–United States boundary. He died in 1870 in Buffalo, New York.
On August 30, 1853, Stephen Champlin’s daughter, Eliza Ellen Champlin, married John B. Cook, a partner of Minnesota’s Alexander Ramsey. Although Cook was never a resident of Champlin, he was involved in real estate transactions there, and in its incorporation. In 1947, part of the former Champlin Township was incorporated to form the village of Champlin, and on January 2, 1971, as the result of a petitioned order from the Minnesota Municipal Commission, Champlin Township and the village of Champlin consolidated to form the city of Champlin.